Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Rain on...

After spending the last couple of rainy days in Rome I have discovered one thing...Rome was not made for rain. The small alleys, no side walks and cobble stone roads don't mix well with water and umbrellas. There has been numerous times I have run into other people in the small spaces that we have to pass each other, or I end up having to turn my umbrella sideways to make it through two small poles along the sidewalk. It is uncomfortable and I don't know how I haven't poked someones eye out. To make things more complicating, the weather is like a magic show. The sun will be brightly shining down on me and the next thing I know there are huge raindrops falling from the sky. The second I manage to pull out an umbrella, the rain will stop. I just don't get it...and I may never. So, if your planning a trip to Rome around the middle of May, I would advise you to be sure to bring an umbrella!

No comments: